2019 Hawaii CyberCamps
LAST UPDATED: April 12, 2019
Last Summer we held 16 CyberCamps (8 Standard and 8 Advanced) across the State of Hawaii providing 20 hours of cybersecurity training to over 300 students!
Registration closes on May 1, 2019. If you are interested in hosting a CyberCamp of getting more information email email@example.com.
These slides explain the roles and responsibilities.
If you are interested in hosting a CyberCamp, please fill out this survey.
If you are interested in being an instructor for the any of the CyberCamps, please fill out this survey.
The Standard AFA CyberCamp week is organized as follows:
- Monday - MODULE 1: Introduction to the CyberPatriot National Youth Cyber Defense Competition, cybersecurity career opportunities, cyber ethics, online safety, how computers work, and cyber threats.
- Tuesday - MODULE 2: Cybersecurity principles, virtual machines, basic Windows security policies and tools and account management. Students will follow along and work with the Windows 10 demonstration image.
- Wednesday - MODULE 3: Windows file protections, auditing and monitoring, and introduction to Linux.
- Thursday - MODULE 4: Ubuntu 16 terminology and concepts, basic graphcial user interface security, basic command line security, and intermediate Ubuntu security. Students will follow along and work with the Ubuntu 16 demonstration image.
- Friday - MODULE 5: Mini-CyberPatriot Competition. Students will compete against their fellow campers on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16 competition images.
For more information about Standard CyberCamps go to
The Advanced AFA CyberCamp week is organized as follows:
- Monday - Cyber Ethics Module, Windows 10 Module
- Tuesday - Windows 10 Module, Ubtunu 16
- Wednesday - Ubuntu 16 Module
- Thursday - Cisco Networking Modules 1-3
- Friday - Mini-CyberPatriot Competition. Students will compete against their fellow campers on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16 advanced Competition images
For more information about Advanced CyberCamps go to